If you can‘t remember your password, you can reset it using your email address, phone number or Facebook account.
If you can’t renew your password this way, open the Instagram app to get more help.
Renew your password using your email address, phone number, or Facebook account
To renew your password, open the Instagram app first. From the Home screen, tap Sign in under Help. From here:
- On Android: After selecting Use Username or Email, Send SMS or Log in with Facebook, enter your information and follow the on-screen instructions
- On iOS: Touch User Name or Phone. After you have entered your e-mail address, user name or phone number, tap Send Link.
What can I do if I have lost access to the email or phone number I used to register?
If you’ve lost access to the email address or phone number you used to sign up for Instagram, you can try to access the email or phone number again, or update your profile with new account information.
Try again to access your e-mail account
If you have lost access to your e-mail account, you may want to ask your e-mail provider to help you regain access. Many email providers provide a solution for re-accessing your account when you forget your password or someone else has your account.
Forgot your password when logging in to your e-mail account so that you can contact your provider or send a request for additional support? Are you having trouble logging in or logging in? There may be an option. To verify your access request, you may need to provide a phone number, answer security questions, or send other information. Instagram does not provide any support for retrieving your email account.
Change your Instagram account email address or phone number
If you are unable to access the email or phone number that you used to sign up to Instagram, you must log in to Instagram and replace it with a new email account where you can access the email or phone number on your profile. This is necessary for you to continue accessing Instagram and to make sure that someone can no longer access your Instagram account with an email or phone number that you no longer use.
Note: Before you start, make sure you can access Instagram by logging in with your email, phone number or Facebook. If you cannot access Instagram and Instagram profile settings, you cannot continue.
I can’t access my tutorial to change my email or phone number
If you can’t access your Instagram account or the email or phone number you used to sign up:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and enter your last known email address or phone number
- Did you forget your password? Tap.
- Do you need more help? Tap.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to submit a support request
What can I do if my email address cannot be found during the renewal of my password?
If your e-mail address cannot be found when you try to renew your password, you may have incorrectly typed your e-mail address when you first registered or registered with a different e-mail.
If you experience this problem, try the following:
- On the Home screen, tap Get help for logging in and then tap Use Username or E-mail. Enter all the email addresses you may have used when signing up, and then tap Next at the top right.
- If you’ve linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you can refresh your password from your Facebook account by tapping Refresh using Facebook.
Unfortunately, if you can’t access the email account you used to sign up, and you haven’t linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts, we can’t give you access to this account.
What can I do if I cannot log in despite my password renewal email?
If you can’t remember your password, you can request a password renewal email to access your Instagram account again. In this email, you are immediately given the option of logging in from your email address or changing your password before logging in.
If the password renewal email does not work:
- Try requesting a new password renewal email as the previous email might have expired.
- Make sure you choose to refresh your password instead of logging in by selecting Refresh your Instagram password in the e-mail.
- If you’re trying to change your password because you think your Instagram account is in the hands of someone else, learn more about getting help with login.
I’m getting a password renewal email for the wrong Instagram account.
- If you receive a password renewal email for the wrong account, the account you attempted to log in was probably saved with another email address.
- To get access to the correct account, try all other email addresses that you use. If you’ve linked your account to Facebook, you can renew your password through Facebook authentication.
- If you think you have an Instagram account associated with your email address and you’re not the owner of that account, let us know.