Deleting data that is no longer useful for us in iCloud can be difficult. Let’s take a look at how to delete unnecessary data that is no longer needed in the already limited iCloud storage.
Apple offers 5GB of free iCloud storage to every iPhone user. But if we say that 5GB is not enough in today’s conditions, we won’t be wrong. So many people are paying for additional iCloud storage, and they don’t want this space to be filled with unnecessary photos or other data.
Apple is constantly notifying us that when iCloud storage is full-on iPhone devices, it is full. Such notification may become annoying after a while.
In this article, we’ll tell you how to delete data that you no longer see as unnecessary on your iPhone devices from your iCloud account. Before moving on to how data is deleted, let’s take a quick look at what iCloud is.
What is iCloud backup?
iCloud automatically backs up all data on your iPhone or iPad as long as your device is connected to Wi-Fi, turned on, locked, and connected to a power source. This makes it easier to restore your data if you accidentally delete data or if you need to transfer your existing data to a new iPhone or iPad.
With iCloud backups, you can access and restore your iPhone or iPad data from anywhere with internet access, so you can access your data at any time.
After taking a brief look at what iCloud backup system Apple offers to make it easier for users to access their data at any time, we can move on to how iCloud backups on iPhone and iPad devices are deleted.
How to delete iCloud backups on your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on your Apple ID right at the top. It should be the name you used to sign up for an Apple ID.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap Manage Storage under iCloud.
- Tap Backup.
- Tap the device whose backup you want to delete.
- Tap Delete Backup at the bottom.
- Tap Turn Off & Delete.
How to delete iCloud backups on your Mac
- Launch System Preferences from the dock, your Finder, or by clicking the button on the top left of your screen.
- Click iCloud and sign in if prompted.
- Click Manage… in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Click Backups in the menu on the left.
- Click the backup you want to delete.
- Click Delete on the bottom left the pane.
- Click Delete in the pop-up.
- Click Done or repeat steps 5 to 7 to delete another backup.